Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Back to blogging

I'm getting back to blogging.  Why you might ask?  ("You", of course, being the absolute zero audience I have.  Ha.)

To be honest, it's all about the inner voice that I have in need of release.  Too often lately I've found myself driving around with this dialogue going in my head; the kind of thing that makes for a dramatic chick-flick monologue or at the very least a good chapter from a really a great book about life.  Not just any book.  The kind of "life" book that might not be the best literature or win awards, but the kind that makes you say, "Yeah, I get that.  I feel that way sometimes too."

I've just experienced my second, and final, childbirth.  I plan to stay home with this child since my husband and I are in a financial situation where this can be accomplished.  However, it's bringing to light some of the feelings I wish I wasn't feeling; daily I go through the motions of being insecure, feeling like a failure and, most importantly, losing my sense of self-worth.  Most people I talk to tell me things like, "Motherhood is the most important job" or "You have nothing to be insecure about, you're a great mom!"  And while I can appreciate their sentiment, it doesn't always help me.  I'm missing something in my life.  I know in my heart I have another purpose, but I'm just not sure what that is quite yet.

So here it is, my blog.  This will mark my daily, or at the very least semi-daily journey through life, my rogue thoughts, and a lot of wacky sounding dialogue meant for a book that I will most likely never completely write.  

Welcome to the diary of a (not so) super mom.

No comments: