Saturday, August 25, 2007

Rock the house? Hell no! I rock the Sun!

It's not nearly as exciting as it sounds. It's just that I've become quite addicted to Big Bang Backgammon. I think I could be some kind of backgammon addict at this point. Maybe I too could spend 82 minutes in an LA jail if I just tell everyone I'm sorry. In all seriousness, our internet connection has been down for several days, just returning Wednesday afternoon, so I've had a lot of time at night to explore what's on the ol' (new) computer. Thus far, backgammon has been the most addicting, even beating out Zoo Tycoon 2. (Anyone who knows me knows that I was ridiculously addicted to ZT1 on my PC.) Really I should have been sleeping, but no matter how tired I am my mind doesn't wind down before 10 or 11pm anymore and there is very little worth watching on tv at that time.

In other news: the word of the day today, roustabout, is inspired by my friend Cris who used it several times last week during our girls' night. I'm going to see how creative I can be and sneek it into today's musings.

[ Side thought... If only the past few days thoughts, weeks actually, could have been recorded out of my mind. I swear JKR's concept of the pensieve is so fantastic. There certainly are days that I would love to have the ability to remove memories or thoughts from my mind and store them like files. ]

In a completely unrelated topic turn, I've just found out that some friends of mine are expecting their second child. I'm so happy for them. I'm not religous and there are so many people who say that they are that I'd prefer not to continue breeding, but this couple is not one of them. They value intellect and education, teach good morals, and don't insist on pushing their views onto any other person unless the person approaches them with healthy debate or inquiry. These qualities are so much different than those of most of the so-called "religous" people I know. That's all I'm going to say about that subject.

I've noticed that I'm not at all jealous of their news. Maybe it's because of who it is, or maybe I'm just dealing with the tubal better than I thought I would. Some part of me figured that the first person to announce a new baby would just set me off into a whirlpool of tears. I'm pleasantly surprised that I was wrong.

Ok, so roustabout has not made it into this post and I have way too many other things to be doing. Maybe later....

No comments: